Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Fungi--good and beautiful?

David C., one of your classmates, brought this first article to my attention. A potential very good use of a fungal product. What do you think? Would you drink out of a cup made of fungi (extracts)?

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/this-could-be-big-abc-news/more-mere-magic-mushrooms-154207424.html

The second link was given to me by a colleague here at COC. Her daughter is 3, and loves "germs", fungi (likes to let stuff rot and then look at in under a microscope), and insects. She's 3!!! This link shows fungi as art, what do you think? Revolting or beautiful?

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thesalt/2012/04/14/150494837/revealing-the-revolting-beauty-of-food-waste?sc=tw

1 comment:

  1. That's awesome! Fungi to breakdown our plastics!!! It should be mandatory that the plastic industry invest in this type of environmental cleanup.

    With regards to the second article, I really like that you can turn this antimicrobial process into a photographic opportunity! I love it! I think I am going to try and run some of my own photo shoots with this in mind! Maybe turn it into the "plastic surgery waste" and put food on people in the wrinkle removal areas, don't know yet but will build on that as well.

    Christina
    M/W

    ReplyDelete