Sunday, August 25, 2013

Bacteria, evolution, disease, biofilms: welcome to the world of microbes!

It's the start of another school year! Topics for the first couple of days include the scope of microbiology and evolution of life. This article touches on these topics and others to come. It's also a good example that one can always find a current event on microbes. Students: Read the article and make a list of things you don't understand and tuck it away in your notebook. I'll try to remind you to take it out at the end of the term and take another look at the article--what did you learn? I encourage you to post comments too!

Watching Bacteria Evolve

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the link to Rabies. I didn't realize that Rabies has a 100% death rate. I was happy that the young woman survived. While the protocol has possibly only been successful in four cases, I think it is worth a try.
    Dara Moss

    ReplyDelete